It’s all done! I’m very happy with how it turned out. It was a very organic process, I didn’t know how I was going to quilt it until it was time to do it. The coins were quilted in a kind of herky-jerky, back and forth, angled free-form. I think you can see it in the picture. For the grey panels, I did what I’m calling tendrils. It was a kind of loose, wavy criss-crossing long lines in several shades of grey and green. Here is a close-up of some of the quilting.
Ok, that’s pretty blurry. It’s another finished quilt at night, and this is the best I can get right now. Hey! Here’s the back.
It’s a large panel of the Kaffe Fasset fabric that is predominate in the coins, and the horizontal panel of coins with the pear at the bottom. I’m going to have a hard time giving this one away, but I’m looking forward to surprising my recipient as well.