Two Sisters Under One Quilt

The Candy Bar Road quilt is in the house and on the couch. Straight out of the dryer, these two got in on the scene

img_cbrmonkeys0001

Here’s the front:

img_cbrfront0001

and here’s the back:

img_cbrback0001

The back is pieced with long, wide strips.  It came out very crinkly, which is all you could ever ask for.  I’m very happy with this quilt.  Also, my corners are my best to date.

img_cbrcorners0001

And now for something completely different, I’m going to tackle triangles.  Just because.

About littlebluecottage

A blog about quilts, quilting, and quilters, with stories of life, love, and fabrics thrown in.
This entry was posted in blankets, fabric, handmade, home, kids, quilting, Sewing. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Two Sisters Under One Quilt

1. Darci says:

Looks great. I can’t wait to make one of these quilts. Corners are tricky huh?

2. Jackie says:

Your quilt is lovely. I love the pieced back!

3. littlebluecottage says:

Thanks girls!

4. Straight from the dryer is best! I love the fabrics you used – and your corners do look great :) Have fun with the triangles

5. Katy says:

the fabrics you chose are wonderful – that is such a beautiful quilt!

I am a little scared of triangles…but it’s on my to tackle list!!!

6. littlebluecottage says:

I’m a little daunted by triangles too, but that’s why I’m doing them. Any triangle ideas? Hourglass….pinwheel??

7. amandajean says:

i love your quilt! i would try a pinwheel (or a zig zag!!!) for your first triangle quilt…since you asked. ;)

8. littlebluecottage says:

I was looking at the zig zags…it’s definitely on my list of quilts to make. I love the zig zag quilt I saw made from Heather Ross Mendocino fabrics…it was fabulous.

9. rosewillow says:

Lovely quilt! The back kind of reminds me of a watercolour technique. And isn’t it nice to have your little sweethearts who appreciate all your hard work! My 7-year-old has to “road test” new quilts, too! :-) Take care. x

10. annieb says:

that quilt is adorable and inspirational in about equal measure. I LOVE it!

11. Pingback: How About A Little Giveaway? « Little Blue Cottage

12. Natalie says:

This quilt is beautiful! Nice Job!!