A Good Bowl of Soup

img_soup0001

This is our family’s favorite soup, a very garlicky Italian Wedding Soup.  This really is a meal in a bowl, along with a whole lot of warming comfort.

This recipe makes enough to feed 8.

Italian Wedding Soup

For the meatballs:

1 lb. lean ground beef or turkey, or a combination of both

1/4 C. bread crumbs

1 egg

1 Tbsp. Worcetershire sauce

1 clove garlic, minced fine

salt and pepper to taste

In a medium mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and combine thoroughly.  Shape into meatballs as small as you can.  ( I use a very small ice cream scooper that is meant specifically for truffle-making.)

In a large pot,  on medium heat 2 tbsp. olive oil.  Lightly brown the meatballs, about 5 minutes.  When all sides are brown, add:

3 cartons (26 oz.) Beef Stock (I used Swanson’s stock, not broth)

1 slivered garlic clove

4-5 handfuls of baby spinach

2 cups *cooked* small pasta such as pastina, orzo or acini di pepe

Taste, and adjust seasonings if necessary and serve steaming hot, garnished with a little parmesan cheese.

Soup’s on…

About these ads

About littlebluecottage

A blog about quilts, quilting, and quilters, with stories of life, love, and fabrics thrown in.
This entry was posted in cooking, fabric, home, homemade, kids and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to A Good Bowl of Soup

1. biz319 says:

Love that soup! I made one a couple months ago and loved it. Reminds me I need to make some more – I’ll try your recipe this time!

Happy Saturday!

2. littlebluecottage says:

Thank you! It’s very flavorful and sticks to your ribs too.

3. Jackie says:

The soup looks delicious and healthy! I will definitely print and make this one though I think I’ll use the turkey with chicken stock.

4. Katy says:

yum yum yum yum yum – that soup’s making me sooo hungry right now!

5. littlebluecottage says:

The soup can be yours in under an hour….and little hands like making the meatballs too.

Tina

6. Shea says:

Looks good! I was thinking soup would be good tonight :)

7. amandajean says:

it looks delicious! thanks for sharing the recipe!