Gee’s That’s A Lot of Yellow

IMG_GEES.YELLOW0001

This month, it’s all about me.   Well, me and Adina.  For the Cottage Quilting Bee, the two of us are designers.  I’ll be Sending out my most favorite yellow fabrics and having my bee peeps stitch a Gee’s bend inspired block.  For those of you not familiar with the amazing quilts of Gee’s Bend, feast your eyes.  Here are a few examples…

gees1

gees2

gees3

gees4

This last picture is only inspired by the Gee’s Bend quilts, however, it is a style I love and adore which is why I’ll be asking my Cottage Quilting Bee participants to be making blocks like this for moi.   I very much want squares within squares within squares.  Each block can have many squares in it like the one directly above on the right, or it can have as few as three.  Each square within the block can have 1 to 3 fabrics in it like above in the pink, green, blue and grey quilt.  One square on the right has both green and pink fabrics.  I hope this is clear.  If you have any questions, please feel free to email me here or at Flickr or leave a comment below.  Ok…fabrics going out today!  Thanks everyone!

About littlebluecottage

A blog about quilts, quilting, and quilters, with stories of life, love, and fabrics thrown in.
This entry was posted in blankets, cottage quilting bee, craft, denyse schmidt, design, fabric, Gee's' Bend, handmade, quilt-along, quilting, quilting bee, quilts, Sewing, Stash, wip, wonky. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Gee’s That’s A Lot of Yellow

1. jaybird says:

i like where you are going with this! i look forward to seeing your blocks as they come in!

2. Darci says:

Love it!!! Can’t wait.

3. highwaycottage says:

Oh I love yellow, can’t wait to get started !!!

4. John says:

Sounds good! And your fabrics are wonderful. This will be a fun month!

5. Erin says:

I have every single fabric in that picture – but I would have never thought to put them all together! That’s one place where I totally lack in creativity! But they look amazing together and the quilt is going to be beautiful!

6. I love the quilts of Gee’s Bend. Can’t wait to see what it inspires….

7. adina says:

oh, great. this will be somewhat new to me…exciting!

8. So awesome. I love these kinda blocks and they don’t even stress me out.

9. Katy says:

awesome! This is going to be great!!!